Friday, December 14, 2007

Dec 14

Windy again today and COLD! It didn't get over 58 where we were with the wind blowing it was a lot colder. I had on a sweatshirt and coat to stay warm in the wind.

We visited some vendors this morning. Checked the mail, went to the library to check out some more books. I picked up 2 books by Jonathan Kellerman (good author) because I'm finishing one now and need a couple more to read next week.
Bob and I will be starting to volunteer at the check in station on Mon and Tues. We were asked by the camp hosts the other day and decided to go ahead and work. We worked there last year and had fun doing it. These days are our slow days so it should work out good.

I spent the afternoon at the rock club. I shaped some arrowheads that I can finish at home. That will only take a short time, but I enjoy it. Pictures to follow when I finish them.

When we were out I got some pics of some Christmas decorations.










I was wondering if this is the Quartzsite airport? We found the hanger but see no runway...Planes are there but no pilots...Makes me wonder????










Bob got our headlight fixed on the truck. It was dim when we turned on the headlights and come to find out, when we had a mouse chew through our wiring harness last year, when it was fixed the mechanic fixed it, it wasn't spliced good. But now it is fixed and we have headlights again. Bob also picked up some diesel injector cleaner for the truck. He said it will help with the gas mileage. Right now we are getting about 17 MPG. At 3.22/gallon it will be great if it helps. We had to get some gas for the generator tonight. With the cold weather, we are staying inside more and using the generator more. The heater has been turned on in the evening and first thing in the morning, so we have to keep the propane topped off also.

1 comment:

Kevin H said...

What a breath of fresh air to read of a couple Wyomingites!! We've been in Texas for the past 15 years but cannot wait to retire and head back north. My family is still in Laramie, Cheyenne, Wheatland and Cody. Talk about a small world, my two nieces, Whitney and Danielle, work at Woods Landing. Perhaps you met them while you were there. In 1971 I spent most of the winter working at the Medicine Bow Ski Area. That was before it even had chair lifts.

We'll be retired in a little over 3 years. Then we will be on the road full time also. Currently, we live in our motorhome but our travels are severly limited by work - Sigh...

I've added you to my favorites and read your entire blog from the beginning. I look forward to your postings.

-- Kevin