Friday, January 18, 2008

Jan 18. 2008

Here's a picture of the Famous BLM Ranger Clyde. He is working on putting a carbon monoxide device in the check in station.
2nd pic is of a Quartzsite Police car sitting outside the courthouse. Didn't know they came in these wild colors!!



This week has been very busy and I haven't been keeping up on my posts.

We worked at the check in station on Mon and Tues. This week the number of check ins ranged from 30 to 150 per day. Bob and I worked again today and checked in 120. Thom and Judy and Phyllis and Larry worked with us. We worked well together. Pic of Larry and Phyllis!!!






On Wed. I went to the concert of the New Christy Minstrels. They were popular back in the 60's and 70's and are still going strong. I was able to get all their autographs after the show and shake their hands.\ Here is a picture of the mayor and Dianne Abbott on stage with them. I talked with Dianne and she said it was hard to negotiate a contract with them. They wanted to sell tickets at $17.50 each but she fought it and said it was a retirement community and they couldn't pay the higher price. After negotiations, she got them to bring it down to $10.00 per ticket. I talked to Randy Sparks ( head of the New Christy Minstrels) and he said he hopes to come back next year for 2 days instead of one. They were a great group and put on a wonderful performance. But they were still older than me!!! ha ha

Wed. during the afternoon, I attended the Rock club meeting. It was important that I go, I had to cast a vote for Terry to be voted in as a trustee. HE WON! He has the term for 3 years. Congrats Terry===You will do a great job~!!!!


Yesterday (Thurs) I was able to show Judy and her friend Misty how to make wire wrap trees. They were great students and did a wonderful job. The town is becoming so busy. This will last only about 2-3 weeks and then everyone will disappear until next year at this time.

I am watching an MP3 player on ebay. I have some CD's that I want to put on one. Ron said he would be able to help me with it if I win the auction. My sister, Donna, has helped me to pick out one. Since I thought Sony Walkman was still just a radio with a cassette player,,,this is a big adventure for me...Just hope I can operate it when I get the tunes downloaded. My sis told me to get with the times and not stay back in the 70's...Guess I'd better take the advice.



Here's a picture of a roadrunner I captured while working today. I need to get together with Judy and find out how to make this bird bigger. I couldn't figure it out tonight.

No comments: