Sunday, January 28, 2007

Jan 28th

Another balmy day in Quartzsite. The sky was overcast, a slight breeze in the air and the temp in the low 70's. The perfect end to the day would have been sitting next to the aquamarine waters while listening to the ripples of the water made by the soft breeze. Back to reality now!!
We had the lovely chore of doing laundry today. It wasn't as busy as it has been in the past. We then headed over to Janets' Kitchen, one of the local restaurants here, and had a nice breakfast.
After a trip home to pick up some gems that I faceted, we headed back over to the Pow Wow to find settings for them. I was only able to find one, but now have a beautiful necklace from the first stone I faceted.
I have the gold one set in a pendent.

We then bucked traffic trying to find a place to park at Tyson Wash where tons of vendors are, and after about 1/2 hours of not getting anywhere, we parked over at Rice Ranch. Short walk to the other side of the highway where we found some rough faceting material to use in my classes. THEN===since the vendors will be leaving shortly, I talked Bob into going over to get a funnel cake. They just melt in your mouth but I'm sure the calories have escaped when they took them out of the deep fryer.

Heading back to the truck we spotted a vendor that was selling bicycles. After trying out a few, Bob settled on one to buy. Shiny red,,,,looks pretty good! Bob and I are going to try to ride our bikes every night from now on.
While we were sitting outside I got a picture of an ultra lite flying overhead. I don't know if he was taking pictures or just watching all the people in the desert.










Time to start dinner, just going to have smoked sausage, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend...Till tomorrow, stay safe, healthy and happy.

No comments: