Friday, January 2, 2009

Jan 2, 2009

Hello all,
Today started out with the usual chores at the ranch. I drove up north to the corn fields where some cows are pastured. I filled water tanks and came back and worked on some fencing projects. We had to dig post holes in the frozen ground, only about a foot was frozen so it didn't take too long. After lunch we continued with fencing. I moved cable from down on a bunk line so calves wouldn't escape the corral. Chores were once again done in the evening with the sun setting and making a beautiful sunset. Of course I didn't have a camera with me. Not as good as the Arizona sunset but really nice.
Today the temp got up to about 55 degrees but by tomorrow it is supposed to be down to 25 degrees again. Sure am looking forward to spring!

No comments: