Friday, May 15, 2009

May 15

It's been too long since I've posted on this blog. It's been busy at work, moving sheep to new pasture, sorting bulls to transport to the buyers, seperating cows to AI soon. We started a fencing project today. We plan on moving fall calves to the pasture after we brand them, hopefully in the next day or two.

I have seen a couple coyotes out in the place I'm staying. They travel early morning hours and move north. I see wild turkeys every morning usually only about 7 of them. Grouse are frequent flyers here too. There is a little water hole close buy and curlews are seen almost every day.

I have started packing up my stuff in the trailer. I am leaving Nebraska and heading to Wyoming to work for the summer on Tuesday. I was going to leave Wed. I have been keeping a close eye on the weather and Tues is supposed to hae no wind. All the other days there are winds to 35 MPH. I don't even want to travel on those days.
I took my window coverings off tonight after I got home from work. I thought the wind was going to blow the ladder out from under me. But it is done!


I still need help on how to download pictures. I used to be able to do it but something happened and I can't get it done now. I have so many to share!!!

I found out from my boss in Wyo that we will now have wireless internet at Woods Landing. So, I will post frequently and be on the computer more.
Later, and have a great weekend...

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

Have a safe trip, and glad to know we'll be hearing more from you soon.

gypsy