Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 23, 2009

We have been busy at the ranch. On Sunday the boss went to an auction and bought a bunch of lumber. We went down on Mon. and Tues with the trucks and trailers to bring it back. He got quite a bit and will be able to do quite a bit with it. He also had to take some heifers to North Platte, NE to a sale on Tues.
We sorted sheep and took 2 bunches to summer pastures yesterday. About 60 sheep went.
Today we sorted cows, some are being sold and we had to get them to the pens to have the brand inspector come and look at them on Sat.
We have someone repairing a windmill that isn't working. Hopefully he will be done with it by tomorrow.
Bob and I are having our household auction on Sat. The auctioneer is coming by tomorrow to sort things out. Then at 10:30am the auction starts. It won't be as big as last time but we hopefully will have a good turnout. The weather is supposed to be in the 60's.
We've been having weather in the 80's for the past few days. My summer tan is coming back, in the form of a farmer tan. I have lost 32 pounds while working this winter. I need to get some "skinny pants" again. The ones I got in Dec. are already too big. But, I like the way I look and will continue to stay skinny.
Have a great Friday and better weekend.

No comments: