Friday, April 17, 2009

April 17, 2009

I spent the Easter holiday in Cody WYO. with my family. It was a 9 hour drive to get there and I was pretty tired that first night.
Mom is feeding 45 bum lambs 3 times a day. That kept us very busy for the weekend. We also had 2 calves born while I was up there. My neices and nephews came over for dinner and we had a great time.
One sister couldn't come up, sure did miss seeing her.

Back at work on Tuesday had us sorting cattle all afternoon. I didn't have a good day, couldn't make the boss happy about opening gates. But today it rained all day and we had to work out in it for 4 hours. It was miserable and we were all soaked and chilled. Got to go back for a couple hours this afternoon and get it all over again. The rain is supposed to die down by tomorrow night.

I am feeding a couple new lambs at the ranch. One acts like he can't see, she just follows my voice. Now she is my favorite lamb!

We are having our auction in a week. The house will be rented on May 1st. I am staying in Oshkosh till at least May 15th. Bob will probably head to Wyo on May 1st.
Hope everyone is having a great spring...

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

I'm glad for you that you got to be with your family at Easter.

Working on a ranch sounds like a fun idea, but when I read your posts I realize how the work doesn't stop when it rains or snows. You just keep going!

gypsy