Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Feb 19, 2008

Just a quick post tonight. I have been working on beading some hummingbirds and got a message from Judy that someone might be interested in looking at them. I took them over for him to look at and he said he will buy them from me. I am now making more in hopes that they will sell as well.

I finished a necklace with a peyote stitch with a navajo feather pattern in it. It turned out good.

Terry suggested that I make some hummingbirds and try to sell them to shop owners in Moab, Ut. when we pass through there. I've got about 2 months to get some made. I think it is a great idea...Thanks Terry!!!

Here's a picture of the hummingbirds. These guys are about the size of real hummingbirds, about 2" long. It takes me about 12 hours to complete one bird.
There are patterns out there for eagles, cardinals, owls, etc. I hope I can get these patterns as well and make some of them.
Tomorrow, Bob is going to spend the day at the rock club finishing his silver casted ring he made. He is going to put an elk ivory in the ring to complete it.
We worked at the check in station today and checked in 7 registrations in 4 hours. Working 1/2 days goes by fast and doesn't seem like we work at all.
Most of the vendors have left for the season. We have the Chile cookoff on the 23rd. It is supposed to be 3 times as big as the one last year. I plan on going to see how it turns out.
John and Marie Harris have invited us for breakfast on Sat. about 9:30am...It will be fun to get together with them and other friends.

No comments: