Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cooler days


Here's Mike starting off his day and the 2nd picture with him hard at work.


















Today started off a bit cooler. On the way to work at the check in station, the temp was 51 degrees and the winds are blowing.

I went to Yuma/Algodonez, Mexico on Tues. Since it was Veteran's Day, everyone had the US flags flown. Traffic was stopped on Hwy 95 North because of about 125 Veteran's riding thru on Harleys and Goldwings. All were proudly displaying US flags.







I did finally find the Scottie dog rock formation on the way down to Yuma.

After picking up a RX in Mexico, I had to have the famous shrimp taco. Actually I ended up eating two of them, they are delicious. It only took 10 minutes to get thru the gate on the way out.

I watched some of the CMA awards the other night. I was surprised at some of the awards.
Best new artist-Darrius Rucker (used to play with Hootie & the Blow fish)
New album-Taylor Swift
Ent. of the year-Taylor Swift
Vocal Dual-Sugarland
Music Video-Taylor Swift-Love Story
Male Vocalist-Brad Paisley
Female Vocalist-Taylor Swift
It was a good show and a lot of great entertainers.

Since I had yesterday off, I headed to Parker. I took my metal detector and tried to find treasures along the Colorado River. Wasn't lucky at all.

I spotted this helicopter at the Super 8 motel last night.










Another beautiful Arizona sunset.











No comments: