Monday, March 16, 2009

More lambs

We are having many lambs on the ranch. We had a set of triplets, 2 sets of twins and 2 singles today. The 2 singles had to both be pulled. One was breach and he came out after a lot of hard work on the boss's part. He weighed probably 20#'s. Heck he's 1/2 grown already. He did have a rupture on his belly probably from being pulled and we had to sew him back up. We grafted 2 other lambs on the ewe that needed more milk. She accepted them all.
We also went west of town and had to take down electric fence that we had put up in October. All went well there.
The usual chores have been done daily. Elton got 4 new geese the other day. He's going to see if they will lay eggs and hatch some goslings.
I guess I'm going back to 1/2 days again. I was told this tonight. So with the time off, I will get the items ready for the auction we will hold in hopefully a month or so.
I went out to the 5er yesterday between chore times and got it cleaned well, packed some of my craft items, getting ready for the trip to Wyo for the summer.
It's been in the 70's for the past few days. I love this weather. As far as I know, it will last until this weekend. I haven't checked the report past Sunday.
We got an email from Terry and Ron and they are getting ready to leave Quartzsite. They will be heading thru Tuscon and spend 4-6 weeks at Navajo Dam, NM...I wish I was going there for a month or so. It is a wonderful place to be, great fishing, good hiking, beautiful campground. This fall, hopefully we can spend a few weeks there.
Till my next post, stay happy and healthy and ENJOY life!

No comments: