Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dec 3, 2008

Since it has been a while since I posted, I tried to post some pics, but couldn't do it. Maybe next time...
Over Thanksgiving, my sister, Donna and brother in law, Jim came over for the holiday...They got her last Wed. evening, we had dinner and enjoyed some time together. The next morning, I woke them up at 6am to go out to do chores with me. They went with me and I think they had a good time. Jim had his camera and got some good pictures. Donna pitched in and helped me with chores. After chores, we went and checked cows on the cornstalks, noticed some cows that had gotten out. Henry showed up and said we should take a trip south of town to check out the elk. After we picked up Jim and Bob, we headed south. There is a herd of elk that we got great pictures of.
We headed back to the house to find it filled with the wonderful aroma of turkey baking in the oven.
Gary showed up before dinner and got to meet my family. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. Thanks to everyone who helped...

This week has been busy. We had to fence another 2 circles of cornfields to pasture cows. We finished that today and trailered 5 loads of cows, approximately 40, to the field today. We also moved cows and calves from one pasture to one closer to the place.

The weather was wonderful the past few days, in was in shirtsleeves yesterday. This morning, a cold front moved in and it didn't get above 30 degrees. It was so cold. Days like these, I sure miss the warm weather.

No comments: