Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dec 17, 2008

This is Lauren, one of my bosses and a great friend. She was decorating for Christmas!
So many days have passed since my last post. I've been busy ranching! I've had a couple ewes have some lambs, been pushed under a gate by an angry cow. Got some bruises on the backside and leg with that one. Also that day a heifer ran by me that we were sorting out of others and kicked me on the right thigh. It was a rough day at the office.
Our birdhouse decorated with lights!
We have had bitter cold here the last week. It is below zero at night, we have been plugging in our trucks and putting in diesel additive to keep the diesel from gelling up. During the day the temps have not gotten above 15 or so and with the wind chill, it is very cold to work outside. The water tanks for the animals are freezing up and we work all day to thaw water.
Thanksgiving dinner- left to right is Gary (ranch hand I work with, Bob, Jim (brother in law) and Donna (sis).
We have to get some cows and heifers bred tomorrow so we will be working them thru the chute. I just hope I don't have a run in with cow K577 again.



Loading bags of wool to take to Scottsbluff.
On Sunday, Bob and I and Carley will load up in the truck with all the Christmas presents and head to Woods Landing, just 25 miles SW of Laramie, WY. We are going to house sit for the owners of Woods Landing thru the 30th. It will be nice to be over there. We'll get to spend time with Justin, Karl (Bob's sons) and their families,as well as my sister, Donna and family.

Our house with Christmas lights.
I am also going to work in the cafe and clean cabins while I'm there. So it will be a working vacation.





No comments: