Wednesday, May 30, 2007

May 30

We have gotten settled for the summer months. We are staying at Woods Landing, 27 miles west of Laramie WY. We are helping the owners of the place with outside chores, cleaning cabins and working in the store part time. It is a beautiful place with the Laramie River running close by. Brook trout are being caught now that the spring run off has cleared up a bit.

We had tons of rain yesterday along with snow last night and a bit of snow this morning.

It will be a perfect place to be for the summer.

We are close enough to town to run in and get groceries and diesel. Bob's son, Karl and his family came out on Monday and took Bob fishing. Then we all had dinner at the cafe in the evening. They serve excellent food and great service.

Not much else going on with us so I will post every so often.

We sure do miss our friends from Quartzsite! And can't wait to get there again in the fall.

Here's pics of the cabins at Woods Landing..

2 comments:

cigarettes said...

Sorry I used the comment section, but I couldn't find a way to send you a private message.

I would like to inform you that RVThereYet ( http://www.rvthereyet.cc ) has posted a link to your site.

RVThereYet is a new online RV campground directory and I invite you to:
* Visit RVThereYet
* Link back to RVThereYet
* Write a blog about RVThereYet
* Mention RVThereYet in a forum you favor

It is alright if you don't do any of these things, the link will still remain, unless you would prefer it removed.

Membership is FREE and lets you:
* Participate in our Camp4Free Program
* Receive updates from campgrounds you have designated as "favorite camps"
* Leave ratings and reviews of campgrounds you have visited

I hope you find RVThereYet useful and will continue to use the site.

Comments, suggestions, or complaints are all welcome.

Kenny Scott
RVThereYet
http://www.rvthereyet.cc

The Camping Machine by The Family Man said...

I found your website through the RVThereYet links page and enjoy your blog very much. I wonder if we could trade links? I have a website called The Camping Machine (www.thecampingmachine.com) I am trying to build up and would love to share links with other sites like yours. Please visit my site when you have a moment and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
The Camping Machine Guy